Holy Paladin X-realm

Want to apply to join the ranks of Lightwalkers?

Holy Paladin X-realm

Postby Zilsz » 16 Feb 2015, 13:26

General Information:

Character name:
Zilsz

Applying for Social OR Raider?
Raider

Class/Level:
Paladin (Holy) 100

Character profile link (WoW Armory):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-shatar/Zilsz/simple

Any regularly played alts?
My disco priest Psycotica
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-shatar/Psycotica/simple

Guild History

Previous guild(s) & reason to leave:
My previous guilds in a nutshell.
Started my raiding career on nagrand played a long time in Tribal left tribal to join the more progression orientated Heretic. In Heretic it was so progression orientated that they all transferred to horde side for better racials on the horde chars. Heretic went super hardcore then with realm and faction change they are now a awesome progression guild on Al Akir. I didn’t fancy the super hardcore and the faction change so I didn’t tag along I was then searching for a guild that suited me and ended up in Obscure. With obscure I raided all the way trough Cataclysm and Pandaria.
I never got kicked from a guild I was and am always looking for the fun/teamplay combined with progression.

Reason why it's Lightwalkers you have chosen to join:
I played crossrealm a bit with Grimfaith and he adviced me to make a application to Lightwalkers. He told me a bit about the guild and that appeals to me, so here is my application 

If you are an x-realm applicant: why have you chosen to migrate to Bloodhoof / how did you hear about and consider applying to LW?

Trough Grimfaith

Raiding:

Do you have any experience raiding Vanilla, BC, LK or Cata content at its appropriate level?

I have experience from BC as that’s when I started the wow journey, I raided then all but sunwell. After that came WOTLK cleared that all on hc 10/25 on my warlock. After wotlk is when Heretic went horde and I joined Obscure by now I embraised the healing side of wow and cleared all of Cataclysm and Pandaria on my resto shaman with Obscure.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/nagrand/Nimrot/achievement#168
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-shatar/Zilzs/achievement#168

Which main AddOns are you using for raiding?

DBM
ELVui
Weakaura
Skada
GTFO
I have a great love for weakaura not only for my char but also for raiding.

Have TS installed + mic or would install it + get one?
Yes

Will you be able to regularly attend our 3 weekly raids? (Monday, Thursday and Sunday 19:45-23:30 server time)

Most of the times this shouldn’t be a problem, but due to work and reallife it can happen I cant attend 3/3. If this is the case I will give upfront notice.

Why did you chose the spec you have and what do you believe your class (and spec) brings to raids?

I played all healers in the game. My old loves where resto shaman/resto druid. Then the mighty priest came into my play as my alt alongside my shaman. Then the mighty monk was introduced to the game but it didn’t get my bells ringing I didn’t llike the gamplay of it. I sort of always left my pally out of my healing chars and always had it as tank. At some point mid pandaria I swapped it to holy and loved it eversince. By then I wasn’t progression raiding anymore so I pugged and lfr with it. This expansion I leveled my priest and pally to find out I really love the pally raid playstyle.
So what do I think the pally brings to the raid:
I think the pally brings awesome single target healing to the raid. The pally combined with the beacon of faith talent brings awesome tank healing to the raid. The pally specced into clemency and glyphed withhand of sacrifice brings 2 wicked 30% mitigation to the raid on a 2 min timer.
For burst healing the pally specced into sanctified wrath combined with the glyph of merciful wrath brings those nice wings with only 1 min down time to the raid to up the pallies healing for 50% added with +50% haste/Crit for burst healing to the raid.
I love to play the eternal flame spec (eventho the theory crafters state sacred shield spec better until T17) imho the eternal flame spec is added a super nice hot to the pallies spells nice to keep those tanks covered with a steady intake of healing.
Last but not least whatever char u ask they all bring nice additions to the raid but imho u only really want the char behind the keyboard. I due believe to bring the player not the class, and I believe I am a player u can bring to the raid ;)

Why do you like to raid? What do you aim for?

Loved raiding eversince I set foot into BC raiding enviorment. I am for
Extra Info

Water, Gold or Cheese?
Me being dutch I gotta pick Cheese (yummy)

Tell us a little about the person behind the character!
The person behind the keyboard is a 41 yeal old married guy with 2 kids from Amsterdam. I work as a project manager in a Academcal hospital in Amsterdam.

What do you expect from the guild you want to join, or LW as a guild?

teamplay/fun/progression.

Silly me made a application already straight into the website I think in the end it was a little bit longer then this one but the webby froze on me so I lost my application and had to rewrite it
My own fault really I should have pasted it into a word doc 
I hope u can see passed my mediocore gear and see the player behind the char.
Awaiting all question u want to ask me .

With kind regards Zilsz
Logic will get you From A to B
Imagination will take u anywhere
Zilsz

Re: Holy Paladin X-realm

Postby Grimbaz » 16 Feb 2015, 15:20

im grimfaith:P hi:)
great app will see you in guild shortly i hope:)
It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are.
Grimbaz

Postby slightly » 16 Feb 2015, 15:59

Nice app, best of luck.
:idea:
slightly

Postby Indigo » 16 Feb 2015, 18:02

Hello Zilsz,

really loved reading that application; well written and a lot of effort put into it. I'd like a little chat ingame during the evening if that's allright with you, would be awesome if you could contact me on Indigo#2926
WoW: Indigo/Aurora @ Bloodhoof EU
SW:TOR: Ivrea/Corday @ The Red Eclipse EU
D3: Indigo#2926
SC2: Ivrea#527
Indigo

Postby Zilsz » 17 Feb 2015, 11:16

HI all,

I would like to thank u guys for taking me along on your raid last night when we tried to kill the awefull fight in BRF being Blasted Furnace.

I enjoyed myself raiding with u guys with a fun and skilled group and i loved the teamwork.

The fact we went from quick wipes to end the night finalizing the final pahse and getting that horrible boss down to 16% eventualy.
I am convidend we will kill him next time around.

I would like to apologize for my (in my opinion) low healing output. I believe its about max i could do with my gear and with my knowledge of this boss (first time i encountered this boss)

I am convidend with me getting some more gear my output will go up ( i am like ~30 ilvl below th eother healers) and the kill will get a bit closer.

I will gather all my gear coins and pray to the wow loot GOD for granting me some well needed upgrades.

I am looking forward to comming thursday to raid again with u guys. If the desire is then still from both sides to add me to your raiding squad i will realm transfer and wear the Lightwalkers guild tag with pride.

Thnx again and see u all on thursday.

**Zilsz** :party:
Zilsz

Postby Grimbaz » 17 Feb 2015, 17:14

weyhey gj. glad you enjoyed it will get easier as you learn the encounters, but i hope to see you on thursday in raid:) :yay:
It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are.
Grimbaz

Postby Indigo » 17 Feb 2015, 22:28

I think i can safely say that the guild would be happy to welcome you here, feedback to the raid and your trial was very positive in guildchat. I haven't really looked much at your healing output tbh, as i knew your gear would be roughly 30ish ilevels lower than that of every other healer in the raid, so it wouldn't have been fair at all to draw a comparison there. But I had the impression you knew your class and knew what you were doing and most important, you chatted with us on TS, got actively involved in the raid discussions, etc. And that's what counts. :party:
WoW: Indigo/Aurora @ Bloodhoof EU
SW:TOR: Ivrea/Corday @ The Red Eclipse EU
D3: Indigo#2926
SC2: Ivrea#527
Indigo

Postby Alwayshappy » 20 Feb 2015, 16:42

Glad to had/have you in the healing team :) Your healing will only increase when you get some better gear. You have the skill and that's the most important thing! Plus you were from the Netherlands and kind, so that's also a big plus :D
Alwayshappy

Postby Zilsz » 21 Feb 2015, 10:57

Thnx for your reply happy!

Well i landed on bloodhoof now to get a Guild invite :D
Zilsz

Return to Recruitment