Confused..

Off topic or ingame related - grab a drink, chat with friends.

Confused..

Postby Rapacious » 10 Dec 2009, 19:35

Something strange has happened this evening - im unable to log into wow at this time and (says invalid e-mail/password) - and apparently ive unsigned for tonights raid (its not something i did myself)..

Has my account been hacked or something?
If Pacman had affected us as kids we'd be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.
Rapacious

Re: Confused..

Postby Anar » 10 Dec 2009, 20:09

Just checked guild roster and it says you've not logged in for 3 hours, so hopefully it's just some wierd error and not a hack... :ow:
Anar

Postby Indigo » 10 Dec 2009, 20:11

Your acc seems to have been hacked, yes :(
Someone logged all your chars earlier, removed a few of them from the guild and your chars appear to be naked on the armory (or in a few remaining bits and pieces of pvp gear).

I've set your remaining chars in LW to inactive, and cancelled your signup on the raidsigner, so whoever'd make the signup would not expect you to be there (to avoid anyone getting angry why you didnt show up)
WoW: Indigo/Aurora @ Bloodhoof EU
SW:TOR: Ivrea/Corday @ The Red Eclipse EU
D3: Indigo#2926
SC2: Ivrea#527
Indigo

Postby Rapacious » 10 Dec 2009, 20:15

Oh no :(

I havent been online since i logged last night - its definately a hack,im really unsure what to do next.

Ive just filled in the webform,but im totally unable to access anything on the account - theyve changed the username and password somehow :(

Im going to try and call Blizzard,but im really low on pay as you go calltime so im not sure its worth it.

Thanks for the update,hopefully ill get this sorted soon...
If Pacman had affected us as kids we'd be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.
Rapacious

Postby Anar » 10 Dec 2009, 20:21

Ah :censored: man, that bloody sucks :( if it's any consilation, i remember last time some1 got hacked in guild, they was up and running again really fast.... lets hope ur the same
Anar

Postby Rapacious » 10 Dec 2009, 20:24

I guess the best thing i can do right now is reformat my pc - one thing im unsure of though,do i change my passwords to my email account etc before or after the format?
Rapacious

Postby Rapacious » 10 Dec 2009, 22:37

Well - im currently in the middle of a reinstallation,and an authenticator has been duly ordered,i really didnt think this would/could ever happen to me,but clearly i was wrong...

I guess it doesnt really pay to look too much either into how this happened,the damage has been done - but its really worrying that i had only just changed my password the day before the patch.
Rapacious

Postby Vireni » 11 Dec 2009, 02:52

If its keylogger it doesn't matter if you change your pass they log it agian. I would suggest going to WoW forums and read some of the how to clean your PC guides. Best thing to do is clean it get new pass and then let blizzard restore the rest. As for you e-mail they arent intrested in that its just your gold so they can sell it again, its always around X-mas that most people get hacked as the gold company gets more idiot buyers.
Vireni

Postby Indigo » 12 Dec 2009, 04:05

but its really worrying that i had only just changed my password the day before the patch.

Which is probably exactly why you got keylogged that day. The keylogger might as well have been on your pc for a while already, but i'd assume your game is set to remember your username, so you only type your password on login? So, all the keylogger could ever get from you was a password with no accountname. On the account management login you had to type your accountname as well tho.
WoW: Indigo/Aurora @ Bloodhoof EU
SW:TOR: Ivrea/Corday @ The Red Eclipse EU
D3: Indigo#2926
SC2: Ivrea#527
Indigo

Postby Rapacious » 12 Dec 2009, 12:58

Yeah that would make sense Indi - its scary just how much info theyve managed to keylog too.
It would be around 2 months or so since i upgraded to Battlent,which would be the last time i did anything regarding secret question.

When i called Blizzard they couldnt even trace my account,the hacker has changed everything - the only way the admin could find it was via the old username from pre-Battlenet.

Unfortunately calling Blizzard has only added to the frustration.Just getting into the call queue is hard enough,then when i did get in the queue it took forever to get a response.
On two occasions i managed to speak to an admin,but without getting vary far the line was cut (and on each occasion i used a seperate phone,one being a mobile,the other a landline).I checked the call duration,and both times it was 20 minutes - it seems that their system was dropping callers at 20 minutes.So i tried again for one final go and guess what?After 20 minutes in the call queue i was cut-off ... /cry

As regards the email Vireni - i think im correct in saying the hacker had access to my email account to verify change of account username and password (although knowing the secret question etc may prove enough,right now im unable to check because i cant access anything).

So - ive formatted both computers on my network,reinstalled everything along with AVG,Search and Destroy,CrapCleaner,NoScript - all the stuff i always used... all i need now is my account back.

So far the response via the web-form that ive had is the following,but its weekend now so its gonna be well into next week before i get any further.

Hello,
Thank you for your contacting Blizzard Entertainment Europe Customer Support.
This is an automated response to let you know that your submission through our webform has been received.
A Blizzard customer support representative will respond to your request personally as soon as possible, but in the mean time we invite you to consult our support site at http://eu.blizzard.com/support/splash.xml which may help you find an answer to your question.

Blizzard Europe Customer Support Team
Rapacious

Next

Return to Tavern of Light